Chyawanprash (chee yah WAN prahsh, and sometimes spelled Chyavanprash, Chyavan-Prash, or even Chyavanaprash) is Nature’s Gift for staying young and healthy – it’s a 100% all-natural, ancient longevity & rejuvenation tonic!
According to Ayurveda, the ‘Rasayanas’ are ways to impart long, healthy, disease-free life. ‘Rasayana’ (‘Rasa’ means ‘food juice” and ‘ayana’ means ‘movement’ or ‘circulation’) aims at maintaining youthfulness, vigor, vitality of the body and keeping away the ageing process, senility and debility. It maintains the proper functioning of the cells and rejuvenates the cells too. As such it also keeps away diseases.
Chyavanaprash is a comprehensive herbal tonic with multiple health benefits, prepared according to an ancient Ayurvedic formula. Used by people all over the world today, it is a proven energizer, immunity booster and pre-emptive tonic.
Maharshi Chyavan first prepared this medicine to bring back youth in an old and fragile body – that is why it is known as “Chyavan-Prash”. Charak Samhita, the ancient Ayurvedic treatise written by sage Charak in the 4th century BC, contains the first historically documented formula for Chyavanaprash.
According to the ‘Charaka Samhita’, Chyavanaprash is “the foremost of all Rasayanas, and is especially excellent for alleviating cough, sinus problems, and asthma! It nourishes the weak, the wounded, the old, and those that are of tender years as well.” Through the use of this Rasayana, “a person acquires intelligence, memory, comeliness of body, freedom from disease, longevity, strength of the senses, great pleasure in the companionship with women, great increase in the strength of the digestive fire, improvement of the complexion, and preservation of the harmony of the three Doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).”
This unique ‘jam’ is a mix of 49 powerful Ayurvedic herbs with ‘amla’ (Indian gooseberry) as the base. The other ingredients in this traditional recipe include ashwaganda, pippali, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon in a base of Ghee (clarified butter) and honey. This magic elixir is good for all, irrespective of age and gender, and creates a harmonious synergy in the body leading to better metabolism.
Health Benefits Of Chyavanaprash
- Digestive and Immune System: Chyavanaprash’s basic ingredient, amla, has 30 times more vitamin C than orange and helps in strengthening the immune system and expediting the healing process. Regular intake of Chyavanaprash strengthens digestion, absorption and assimilation of food and balances stomach acids.
- Heart and Brain: The perfect blend of Ayurvedic herbs acts as a cardiac stimulant and helps in smooth functioning of the heart. Chyavanaprash nourishes the brain cells by supporting the nervous system and enhances co-ordination and memory power. The tonic is good for students as it increases retention and recall.
- Lung, Liver and Kidneys: The smooth functioning of the lungs is facilitated by the regular intake of Chyavanaprash. Moisture balance is maintained in the lungs and gives new energy to the respiratory system. Chyavanaprash helps purify blood, invigorates the liver and helps to eliminate toxins. It helps the downward flow of energy in the body and eases constipation. Apart from these, this herbal jam eliminates wastes from the body without overloading the urinary system.
- Other Benefits: The holistic traditional formula of Chyavanaprash improves skin complexion and fights dermal bacterial infection. It promotes hair growth and helps absorption of calcium, resulting in strong bones and teeth. It is especially good for alleviating coughs and asthma. The anti-oxidant properties of the tonic act against the ageing process and maintain youthfulness. Chyavanaprash enhances fertility, keeps menstruation regular and helps to overcome difficulties in conception. It also improves muscle tone by enhancing protein synthesis effectively.
The age-old Chyavanaprash is regarded as an all-embracing herbal health tonic by one and all, and has become an indispensable part of a healthy family.
1-2 Tablespoons daily will give you these other benefits as well:
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
- Enhances food absorption
- Balances stomach acids
- Fortifies the liver
- Nourishes the brain and boots mental functioning
- Supports the heart
- Strengthens the lungs
- Regulates elimination of wastes from the body and flushes out toxins
- Supports reproductive health
- Helps the urinary system
- Promotes healthier hair
- Increases vitality
- Strengthens the eyes
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Enhances the immune system
- Increases vitality
Caution: This product is not suitable for persons suffering from diabetes.
|Dabur Chyawanprash, 2.2-Pound Bottles (Pack of 2)|
|Dabur Chyawanprash has anti-oxidant properties & strengthens your body's internal defense mechanism, the immune system. Thereby protecting you from everyday infections, cough, cold & stress etc. ...more info|
Please visit our Amazon Store for a wider range of Chyawanprash products.